Search This Blog

Saturday, April 03, 2021

On Comments For This Month

If you have been reading this blog for a while, you'll know that I accept comments from people with Google accounts, no anonymous comments. Last year I changed briefly to "anyone can comment", only to find myself overwhelmed with spam.I do still get some soam, but very littlecand I deal with it in my "owner spproval" box. However, someone whose blog I visited said they couldn't comment, so... I'm going to try an experiment. I'll change my setting to "anyone" but also switch on the CAPTCHA thing. if that still gets me spam, I'll go back to normal.

6 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sue - they're a pain ... and I hope they go away - I don't reply ... just delete - I've had phases of them ... all the best - Hilary

Sue Bursztynski said...

Much appreciated, Hilary!

AJ Blythe said...

Those who do wrong are a pain in the proverbial. Just recently I've started to get a lot of hacker attacks on my website. So far no luck and I hope that continues!

Sue Bursztynski said...

Oh, dear, sounds like a lot worse than mere spam! These attacks are by losers who have no real life friends and just want to show how smart they are, but clearly they have not managed to get through to your site!

AJ Blythe said...

No, thank goodness. I've tightened up my password just to be sure.

Sue Bursztynski said...

Always the best way!