Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Free Audiobooks Found on Flipboard!

I subscribe to Flipboard, which sends you a daily collection of links to news items based on your interests. Mine happen to include books, so I get a lot of book-themed links, and this is the most recent.

What is it? Apple Books is offering six free audiobooks of classics, read by well known actors. It’s connected with iOS 12, which I have just downloaded to my iPad, I believe... Anyway, I have just downloaded H.G Wells’s The Time Machine, read by Kelsey Grammar of Frasier fame. I intend to get some of the others when I’m in the library, where I can use the free wifi.

Here they are:

Jane Austen’s Pride And Prejudice, read by Kate Beckinsale.(Her film debut was as Hero in Kenneth Branagh’s Much Ado About Nothing, with Emma Thompson as Beatrice)

L.Frank Baum’s The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz, read by Titus Burgess.(Broadway musical and TV comedy star)

Frances Hodgson Burnett’s The Secret Garden, read by Karen Gillan(yes, that Karen Gillan, the Doctor’s companion!)

Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, read by Aaron Mahnke(podcaster)

And a bit of Winnie The Pooh read by the Disney Book Group.

So, in case you have an iPad and love audiobooks of classics, here is your chance!








No comments: