Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2012

In My Mailbox This Week!

Look what I got this week! Gorgeous cover and fabulous content! I do help to produce this magazine, but only a bit. There's something special about opening an envelope and finding a new bunch of speculative fiction just waiting to be read. I love science fiction and fantasy. I have read a lot of the classics, but it's so exciting to read newly-published stories. It must have been like this in the old days, when writers who are now famous were writing their first stories for the pulps. The audience would have been young boys, mostly, but not now.

I did commission some of the internal art in this issue, but receiving the finished product, the result of team work, reminds me why I do this. And there are the authors - at least one first sale, some writers I haven't heard of, but also many I have. Tom Holt is in there. A poem by Richard O'Brien - yes,THAT Richard O'Brien, author of the Rocky Horror Show. However did the editor get these people interested? We've had a story by Tom Holt before, years ago, but that was a different editor. Some writers who have been with us before and come back for more.

It's such a very ASIM cover, I love the truck and the car crashing into the earth and Australia flying off into space...

Sorry if this whole post looks like an ad, but I couldn't resist showing off. If you're interested, just follow the link to the Andromeda Spaceways web site.

No comments: