- You go grocery shopping in a long formal gown.
- You’re disappointed when you turn sixteen and all that happens is a party.
- You’re being stalked, but it’s okay, because he is so hot!
- You check out new boys in your class for evidence of wings.
- You’re invited to go flying and assume it’s going to be in his arms, not a plane.
- You go to a new town and hope there’s a mysterious bunch of gorgeous guys to fight over you.
- Your parents tell you there’s something they need to discuss with you and you hope they’re going to tell you that you’re a long-lost Faerie/vampire/demon princess.
- You get frustrated because the school 's head cheerleader is actually NICE and isn't accusing you of stealing her boyfriend.
And you really know you’ve read too much of this stuff when you get a copy of Dracula and cheer for the vampire!
I came across a list of five signs of reading too much YA fiction on Book Riot blog and thought it such a good idea I couldn’t resist doing my own list. Thanks, Book Riot!