Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2013

I'm Finally Reading...

Okay, I admit it: I download far more than I can possibly read in any week or month! (And then I end up rereading my favourites...) And way back in   May, at the Reading Matters Conference, I was downloading books as the speakers did their talks, so that I had nothing to sign! 

I have read some of them, but Libba Bray's 1920s horror novel, The Diviners, was waiting for me, lurking on my iBook shef every time I opened it. I've nearly finished  Going Bovine, her Don Quixote novel with mad cow disease , and will be putting it into the library for Priyanka to enjoy when she gets back from Fiji. Not sure if she will enjoy it, but she asked for it. It's a bizarre road novel! 

The Diviners is horror fiction with 1920s New York as a background and so far, not too over the top, so I can finish it. The screams seem to be happening at the end of chapters. I can live with that.

1 comment:

Sarah Allen said...

These look like good ones. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah Allen
(From Sarah, with Joy)