Search This Blog

Saturday, January 05, 2019

Australia’s Favourite Author 2019 - Nominating Now!

Each year, the Booktopia website runs a competition to see who is the most popular writer in Australia. I have posted about this before, during January, as the list goes down from hundreds to fifty to the final “there can only be” one! It’s an Australian web site, which only sells books here, but nothing stopping overseas fans of Australian books from nominating and voting, although you won’t be able to enter for the $1000.00 book prize. Mind you, I see that this year you have to order an Australian book from them and cite the order number before you enter for the prize, so not everyone here can enter either. I do order on line occasionally, when I can’t get the book I want in my local shops, or, better, in ebook, but still... I guess you can’t blame them for wanting to make a buck from this when they work so hard organising it.

So, right now, all you have to do is nominate an author, not a book, and you can nominate as many as you like. I’m going to nominate several children’s and YA authors, myself, and have already nominated Carole Wilkinson, author of the amazing Dragonkeeper books and the more recent Inheritance, which I’ve reviewed.

Check it out here and have fun, wherever you are! 

2 comments:

Brian Joseph said...

I love events like this. I do not know enough about current day Australian literature to have an intelligent opinion on this one however. I would be curious as to who the finalists are and who wins however. Have fun with it!

Sue Bursztynski said...

Hi Brian! I will be posting more as the month goes on, so stand by! I would be willing to bet you have read Australian books without knowing the author is an Aussie, even if you haven’t reviewed any. We have some bestsellers here who aren’t promoted as ours.