Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2015

In The Middle Of Reading...

Well, quite a lot, really, but the two I have in my bag this blazing hot summer day are Angie Sage's Pathfinder, the first of a spinoff series set in the Septimus Heap universe, and Rhiannon Hart's Blood Queen.



I've never actually read the Septimus Heap novels and while it's possible to read this spinoff without having read them, I get the feeling that the back history counts for a lot. The characters from that series, including Septimus, do turn up, and in one scene the heroine, Todhunter Moon(Tod for short) is treated to a family history over dinner. I have had this one on my TBR pile for months, snatching time to read a chapter here and a chapter there, but now I really must finish it, because they've sent me the sequel. Hopefully that will be done in the next couple of days, followed by a review.

Another book that has been on my pile for too long is the Hart one and that was entrusted to me by the author, so that, too will be done soon. So far, it has been trundling along nicely, better once the heroine left her home rather hurriedly and found herself on the road with a man with what sounds to me like a Scottish accent.  No spoilers here.


Anyway, you should see these two reviewed shortly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know just how you feel. I promised 3 authors reviews this month and haven't gotten to them yet. I'm also behind on chapter crits for my CPs. Another CP and I just traded WIPs -- I gave her my 84k Thriller, she gave me a 125k YA Dystopian. Ack!! That was not how I expected to spend my Christmas. Have a great weekend, Sue, and good luck finishing the books! :)

Sue Bursztynski said...

Goodness! How long do you have to read this? Still, it might turn out to be wonderful(although if anyone asked me about a 124,000 word YA novel I'd ask them to slash about a third without even looking! Kids love series, but 85,000-90,000 is the upper limit for a single volume)