Search This Blog

Friday, December 03, 2010

Watch This Space for Juliet Marillier

Recently, the publicist at Macmillan sent out a press release offering the latest of Juliet Marillier's Sevenwaters novels and an interview. I have only just discovered this writer myself (see my review) but one of my students, Thando, has been reading and loving all of them. The publicist was fine with Thando doing the review and interview, so Thando and I sat down during a Book Club meeting to prepare her questions for the interview. When they're done, Thando will become my guest blogger and the questions will be posted right here on this web site!

I must say, I am enjoying this writer's work. She knows her mediaeval Ireland and uses fairytales to start off her books, and it works. There's something reminiscent of Caiseal Mor, another Irish fantasy writer living in Australia, only his books are mostly set in a much earlier Ireland, around the time Christianity wandered into town.(Well, there are later ones. I simply adored Carolan's Concerto!)

Stand by for a very interesting interview, followed by the review when Thando has finished the book.

2 comments:

kirstyrosa said...

I am eagerly awaiting reading Marrillier's next book and will be on the lookout for your review! Co-incidentally I recently wrote a ramble about another of Marillier's books on my blog!

http://nostalgic-book-mama.blogspot.com/2010/11/two-years-ago.html

Sue Bursztynski said...

Thando tells me she has finished the new book and loved it. She will be writing the review, although first she will finish writing up the interview for me to send off. Stand by, Kirsty!