Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Resident in the Doghouse

For the next month, I will be taking up residence on the CYL's web site, Insideadog, as this month's Writer In Residence. I'm thrilled to bits and looking forward to it. I've been attending Booktalkers for quite a few years now, so the Centre for Youth Literature has come to mean a lot to me. It has been the place where I've spent a lot of wonderful evenings, caught up with teacher-librarian friends and met/discovered writers - and the great thing is, it all counts as PD for work purposes! Yay!

Now, at last, I'm being recognised as a writer myself, many thanks to Adele Walsh, who, in her earlier incarnation as the blogger at Persnickety Snark, gave my book Crime Time such a fabulous review.

I might not have time to do as many posts here while I'm over at "the Doghouse", but please do follow me over there - join, even! Insideadog is a great web site for anyone interested in children's and YA books - students, teachers and just plain booklovers - and it has become a lot better over the last couple of years.

See you all there!

2 comments:

Lan said...

Congrats Sue! I'm not 100% sure what InsidetheDog is all about but I've had a quick squiz on the website and it looks good. Hopefully it's an enjoyable month!

Sue Bursztynski said...

Thanks, Lan! It's a web site for teens and teachers and anyone else who loves YA literature, although of course the competitions and such are aimed at younger readers. It hosts the Inky Awards and has an annual student competition for creative reading. It's run by the Centre for Youth Literature, which also does the Booktalkers sessions about four times a year.