Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Some New Barbara Hambly Books!

 Yesterday I borrowed my first physical book in months from my local library. Here it is! 





For all these months I have been borrowing ebooks and audiobooks through BorrowBox and Libby(I currently have an audiobook of The Hobbit from Libby). And that has been wonderful, but it was so nice to go to the library and grab a brand new book from the shelves! 


This is the newest novel in the James Asher vampire series - the eighth, in fact. I got stuck into it immediately. This time most of the story is seen from the viewpoint of Lydia, James Asher’s wife, who has boarded a ship for the US, having reason to believe that someone has drugged and kidnapped her favourite vampire, Don Simon Ysidro. So far, so good - Barbara Hambly’s series books just don’t go down in quality. 


In the end, I spent over half of my Amazon voucher buying her new Benjamin January mystery, House Of The Patriarch, and have started that too. Life is too short to be sensible when someone has given you a gift that lets you indulge yourself.


As it’s the night of Jolabokaflod I’m off to bed to curl up with new books.


Good night and have a very enjoyable Christmas Day! 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy Jolabokaflod! Enjoy your books!

Sue Bursztynski said...

Thanks! It’s the middle of Christmas Day and I’m out in the garden, reading Prisoner Of Midnight while my mother dozes. Very peaceful!

AJ Blythe said...

Hmmm, not a big vampire fan (especially if they are even a teeny bit scary), but still keen on trying the Benjamin January series.

Sue Bursztynski said...

I’m not a huge vampire fan myself, but this series is special. It asks some interesting questions. What if you like and care about someone you KNOW is a serial killer, many times over, but who who has saved your life, more than once? It is very uncomfortable for James and Lydia Asher... the vampires in this universe have to WANT to change. If a vampire just bites you, you’re dead, so they are all very selfish people.

Anyway, I do hope you can get hold of the Benjamin January books, three are amazing!