Search This Blog

Monday, May 02, 2022

A To Z Challenge 2022: Shakespeare - Concluding Thoughts

 



It has been a very enjoyable month, challenging myself with my memories of the Bard. And it’s been a lot of fun hearing from you all, sharing your own thoughts on the works of Shakespeare. Thank you for that.


There were a lot of plays and characters I missed out on because there are so very many. I suppose I could have talked about a few of the sonnets. Just so you know, my favourite is not the one absolutely everyone knows, number 18, “Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day” but 130, “My mistress’ eyes are nothing like the sun”, with its gentle humour.


Did you know there is a play he co-wrote, The Two Noble Kinsmen? I have the Riverside Shakespeare which includes it, but not many Complete Works have it. Maybe another year I can find a way to squeeze it in.


But I did cover my favourite plays. 


Every year I wonder if I should take part in the Challenge, and every year I come up with a subject that works for me and brings me fellow bloggers to join in and share the fun. And I like the fact that it makes me write something every day, even if it’s just a blog post.


I couldn’t have asked for a better bunch of visitors than I got this year. I’m sorry if it took me a while to return your visits, but I have had some family commitments that interrupted me, making me give priority to posing over anything else. But I will be returning your visits in the next few days. 


I hope you will continue to visit me too, when The Great Raven gets back to normal. I’m planning a guest post and a review in the next couple of days. 


Thanks for your support, guys!

4 comments:

Ronel Janse van Vuuren said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge! I enjoyed your theme.

Ronel visiting for A-Z Challenge Reflections 2022

Anne E.G. Nydam said...

I enjoyed your insights into Shakespeare and his works. You certainly have a more comprehensive knowledge than I do! My favorite sonnet is "When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes."

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sue - as last year ... I have every intention of reading all your posts ... and once again I'm going to be doing that!! I must do 2021 - your Greek ones ... I am looking forward to them ...

I'll start now with the letter 'A' from them both ... and know I'll be more informed - cheers ... and it's good to read you enjoyed the challenge this year - all the best Hilary

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sue - you give us thorough overviews on the subjects within your theme - always very informative, interesting and educative - cheers Hilary