Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

A To Z Challenge 2021 - Theme Reveal

              



It seems everyone intending to have a go at this year’s A to Z challenge is already doing a theme reveal. So, here’s mine.


This year I will be posting about Greek myths, including books written on that theme. I’m not a folklorist by trade, but Greek myths and legends have been a passion of mine since I was in primary school. I read Robert Graves’ The Greek Myths when I was about eight or nine. Nobody told me it wasn’t for children, so I just read it - cover to cover, including the footnotes. My sister had to borrow it from a library four times before I finished. Boy, was I disappointed, a bit later, to read a children’s book of myths from my school library! 





I’m quite sure my friends were a bit confused when I told them about the Triple Goddess and the Sacred King. There will be no goddess or sacred king in this lot of posts unless you request them, just the stories and some amazing fiction I’ve read based on them. 


The real pleasure is knowing I shouldn’t have too much trouble, this year, finding a name for the X post! 

6 comments:

Hels said...

You remembered reading Robert Graves’ The Greek Myths when you were just in primary school because nobody had told you it wasn’t for children! That happened to me many times in Grade 6 and in first and second forms, long before anyone made it clear that the books were not written for children.

And then I realised the same was true for some films!

Sue Bursztynski said...

Hi Hels! I don’t know about you, but I’m glad nobody told me books like this were not for my age. Mum just let me read what I wanted.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, I ADORE the Greek myths! I'm excited about your theme and looking forward to all your posts!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sue - I struggle to read it now ... but I shall enjoy your A-Z ... though not participating ... I'll do some homework! Then on reading your posts - I'll be better informed ... looking forward to your entries! All the best - Hilary

AJ Blythe said...

Oooh, love Greek myths. Great A to Z, Sue. Looking forward to reading your posts again this year.

Sue Bursztynski said...

Thanks, Debra, Anita! I hope you will enjoy it. Hilary, don’t do homework unless you want to, this is for fun, and I hope you won’t be confused by my posts. 😉