Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

This Ongoing War

I have added a link to the blog of Arnold Roth, an old schoolmate, whose daughter Malki was killed in the bombing of a pizzeria in Jerusalem a number of years ago. I'm an old leftie and firmly believe that you don't make peace with your friends, you make it with your enemies, but my blood boils when smug armchair critics tell us that, while they don't condone the murder of young kids having a cup of coffee in a pizzeria, or on a school bus, or hitch-hiking, "we have to understand why it happens." Let's hope they don't ever have to say it of an incident that kills one of their own children.

I am not going to turn this into a political blog, but I feel the need to put in this particular link - Arnold has done a lot of research and has some very interesting links. It is vital to see the other side of the question.

No comments: