Search This Blog

Monday, December 18, 2023

In Which I Show Off An Anthology I’m In

 The last few days have been fun and games with the courier working for Amazon. The courier is pretty hopeless, but when you contact Amazon they usually tell you that due to “privacy concerns” they can’t contact them and tell you to do it yourself. This particular bunch never pick up, as I have found in the past, and don’t even leave a card to tell you they have been there. Once, they left my parcel in someone’s back yard - no idea whose - with a photo to prove they delivered it. This time they said they hadn’t been able to deliver it, despite my being at home at the time! 


Never mind, I finally got through to a very kind and helpful  Amazon employee in Sydney, explained in great detail and he fixed it for me, letting the driver know to leave the parcel at my front door. 


And here it is!





I have a story in this anthology and got my contributor’s copy in ebook, but I like to have a print copy of anything I’m in. How else can I brag? Even to myself? 


It’s a Jewish-themed anthology, with stories about “rescuing ourselves”. Mine is set in Melbourne, where I live, and has a sort-of dybbuk in it. 


It was the first time I have been part of the demographic invited to submit to an anthology, so I finally wrote a story I’d had in mind, but never got around to writing.


Nice cover, isn’t it? Despite the cover title, it’s just called Days Of Awe. But I do like the cover title. “They tried to kill us, we survived, let’s eat!” is basically what most of our holy days boil down to.


There are quite a variety of themes in these stories. 


If you’d like a copy, you can only get it on Amazon, but now you can get it both in Kindle and print. It’s edited by Aviva Blakeman, who mostly writes romance novels, but decided to try her hand at an anthology.


Here is the link to the Australian site because looking up books on Amazon is a bit difficult.


https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0CPVRZVD3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details


And here is the link to the US Amazon site.


https://www.amazon.com/s?k=aviva+blakeman+days+of+awe&i=digital-text&crid=2ZNUBC4CLA0UP&sprefix=,digital-text,279&ref=nb_sb_ss_recent_1_0_recent


5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats! Yes, I've heard that summary of Jewish holidays before and it's very apt for all of them, from what I understand. And that cover rocks!

Sue Bursztynski said...

Thanks, Debra! Yes, it’s very apt! Great cover, absolutely.

hels said...

Sue,
well done! I expect that you will be famous and rich now, but don't forget your old blogger friends :)

Sue Bursztynski said...

Hi Hels! Well, I’ve had my first royalties payment! šŸ˜‰

UrbanDragon said...

Congratulations. It's wonderful to see you in print again :)