Search This Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2020

Music And Fantasy 2 - Kate Constable!

 In my last post, on the subject of music and fantasy, I neglected to mention the Chanters of Tremaris trilogy by Aussie author and fellow Melbournian Kate Constable. 



This is particularly embarrassing because I’ve read most of her books, including two wonderful time-slip fantasies, Crow Country and Cicada Summer, both of which were borrowed a lot from my school library. I can only plead that I read the trilogy in the early 2000s, and The Taste Of Lightning, a fourth book in that universe, in 2007. 


In fact, here is my review of that novel, posted soon after it came out.  https://suebursztynski.blogspot.com/2007/02/new-kate-constable-and-catherine-jinks_4920.html





If any books have connected music and fantasy it’s those four! 







And here is my review of her time-slip fantasy, Crow Country, which won the 2012 Children’s Book Council of Australia award for Younger Readers. https://suebursztynski.blogspot.com/2011/08/crow-country-by-kate-constable.html





You can buy them all on line, in print or ebook, at your favourite on line bookseller, including her new book, The January Stars, which I haven’t read yet but will. Go get some - you won’t regret it! 



3 comments:

Brian Joseph said...

I have never read Constable but the books sound very good.

I really like the cover art for these books.

A latte beckons said...

Thank you Sue! I feel quite embarrassed now... I wasn't fishing, honestly!

Sue Bursztynski said...

Hi Brian! Yes, very good books and I agree about the cover art.

Hi Kate! I know you weren’t fishing, but it did remind me, and I am amazed that I forgot to mention it.