Search This Blog

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Amelia's Birthday Post - Again!

Today is my niece Amelia's fifteenth birthday. I've bought her a gift voucher for JB HiFi, where she can buy DVDs, music and gadgets. While I was there yesterday, I bought three DVDs for the price of two - Season 4 of Game Of Thrones, Season 1 of The Simpsons and Season 1 of Poldark - not the original, a remake, with the delicious Aidan Turner in the title role. Remember him? That's right, he was Kili, Thorin Oakenshield's nephew who - only in the film, NOT the book! - had a romance with an elf maiden.

Anyway, I posted about July 4 a couple of years ago, in Amelia's honour, so here's the link for you and please, do read it! Did you know the date has connections with Alice In Wonderland, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Neil Simon and the Crab Nebula? How? Check it out!

And happy birthday, my dearest Amelia! 

No comments: